Student Life in NYC
In addition to the resources afforded to you as a SEAS and Electrical Engineering student, you will reap the benefits of having New York City at your front door. Easily accessible by walking, bus, subway, or taxi, New York's broad range of social, cultural, and business communities offer an unparalleled opportunity for students to expand their horizons or deepen their understanding of almost any human endeavor imaginable.
Below you will find a list of links separated by category that will assist you in navigating what the city has available according you interests. Columbia University is aware of the special opportunity its students have while attending the institution to enjoy the ever evolving tapestry of events and activities and has put together resources to help sort through popular sectors of it and we have included those links as well.
- Art Initiative Columbia University - The Arts Initiative at Columbia University is a pioneering venture to make arts and culture a meaningful part of every Columbian's experience. Founded in 2004, our diverse programs encourage students, faculty, and staff to experience the creative life of the campus, engage the cultural riches of New York City and the wider world, and create arts and performance.
- Time Out - For free things to do in NYC, check out these events and explore the city’s top sites for the price of nada.
- NYC.gov - In New York City, there’s always something fun to do that doesn’t cost a dime—museum admissions, cultural festivals, holiday parades and TV show tapings are just a few examples. Get the scoop on these and other wallet-friendly activities, and find out where and when the best of them take place.
- Bloomingdale School of Music
- Alfred Lerner Discounted Movie Tickets
- Free Museum Admission
- Free walking tours
- Club Free Time
- Apple Workshops (1 HOUR)