Wei Liu 刘威
Research Staff Member of IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
Ph.D. of Columbia University
Thesis supervisor: Professor Shih-Fu Chang
Email: weiliu at us.ibm.com or wliu at ee.columbia.edu
Research interests: machine learning, data mining, information retrieval,
computer vision, and pattern recognition. My thesis is dedicated to large-scale
machine learning algorithms for classification and search.
l I finish the postdoctoral fellowship and join IBM T. J. Watson Research Center as a research staff member.
l Three papers are accepted by ICCV’13. Thanks to the support of Josef Raviv Memorial Postdoctoral Fellowship.
l I am a guest editor of Neurocomputing Special Issue on Learning for 3D Understanding 2013. Call for papers!
l I win Jury Award for best thesis of Department of Electrical Engineering, Columbia University, 2013.
l I join IBM T. J. Watson Research Center as a postdoctoral researcher.
l Released the Matlab code for my CVPR’12 paper.
l I passed my PhD defense on August 24th.
l I won Josef Raviv Memorial Postdoctoral Fellowship 2012-2013, and will join IBM T. J. Watson Research Center in September.
l One paper was accepted by Proceedings of the IEEE special issue.
l One paper was accepted by ICML’12. Thanks to Facebook Fellowship’s support.
l One paper was accepted by CVPR’12 oral session.
l I visited Facebook, Inc. at Palo Alto and gave a talk entitled “Large-Scale Classification and Nearest Neighbor Search”.
l Released the Matlab code for my CVPR’08 and TOMCCAP’10 papers.
l Released the Matlab code for my ICML’11 paper.
l I finished the wonderful summer intern with IBM T. J. Watson Research Center.
l I was awarded Facebook Fellowship 2011-2012 (one of five winners worldwide). Thanks to Facebook!
l One paper joint with IBM Research and Google Research was accepted by ICML’11.
l One paper joint with Kodak Research was accepted by CVPR’11.
l Released the Matlab code for my ICML’10 paper.
l Released the Matlab code for my CVPR’09 paper.
1. Large-Scale Machine Learning for Classification and Search Wei Liu. PhD Thesis 2012.
2. Robust and Scalable Graph-Based Semisupervised Learning Wei Liu, Jun Wang, and Shih-Fu Chang. Proceedings of the IEEE 2012.
3. Video De-fencing Yadong Mu, Wei Liu, and Shuicheng Yan. IEEE TCSVT 2013.
4. Semi-Supervised Distance Metric Learning for Collaborative Image Retrieval and Clustering Steven C. H. Hoi, Wei Liu, and Shih-Fu Chang. TOMCCAP 2010
(a long version of CVPR 2008 with code therein).
5. Compact Hyperplane Hashing with Bilinear Functions Wei Liu, Jun Wang, Yadong Mu, Sanjiv Kumar, and Shih-Fu Chang. ICML 2012 (oral).
7. Large Graph Construction for Scalable Semi-Supervised Learning Wei Liu, Junfeng He, and Shih-Fu Chang. ICML 2010 (oral). code
8. Semi-Supervised Sparse Metric Learning Using Alternating Linearization Optimization Wei Liu et al. KDD 2010 (full oral).
9. Face Recognition via Archetype Hull Ranking Yuanjun Xiong, Wei Liu, Deli Zhao, and Xiaoou Tang. ICCV 2013. New!
10. Learning Hash Codes with Listwise Supervision Jun Wang, Wei Liu, Andy Sun, and Yu-Gang Jiang. ICCV 2013. New!
12. Noise Resistant Graph Ranking for Improved Web Image Search Wei Liu, Yu-Gang Jiang, Jiebo Luo, and Shih-Fu Chang. CVPR 2011.
13. Robust Multi-Class Transductive Learning with Graphs Wei Liu and Shih-Fu Chang. CVPR 2009. code
14. Hallucinating Faces: TensorPatch Super-Resolution and Coupled Residue Compensation Wei Liu et al. CVPR 2005 (oral).
15. Semi-Supervised Distance Metric Learning for Collaborative Image Retrieval Steven C. H. Hoi, Wei Liu, and Shih-Fu Chang. CVPR 2008. code
16. A Face Annotation Framework with Partial Clustering and Interactive Labeling Yuandong Tian, Wei Liu, Rong Xiao, Fang Wen, and Xiaoou Tang. CVPR 2007.
17. Learning Distance Metrics with Contextual Constraints for Image Retrieval Steven C.H. Hoi, Wei Liu, Michael R. Lyu, and Wei-Ying Ma. CVPR 2006.
18. Nonparametric Subspace Analysis for Face Recognition Zhifeng Li, Wei Liu, Dahua Lin, and Xiaoou Tang. CVPR 2005.
19. Output Regularized Metric Learning with Side Information Wei Liu et al. ECCV 2008.
20. Spatio-temporal Embedding for Statistical Face Recognition from Video Wei Liu et al. ECCV 2006.
Copyright © 2013