April 11, 2014
Location: Davis Auditorium
Workshop on Connected, Autonomously Powered Systems
Presented by the New York Section IEEE EDS/SSCS Joint Chapter
A one-day in-depth discussion of the issues required to address the challenge of bringing energy harvesting, wireless communication, and self-powered systems to market. The program includes a series of exciting invited speakers, networking opportunities, and a student poster session.
- Breakfast, registration, poster setup (8:00-9:00am)
Morning presentations (9:00am-12:15pm):
- Prabal Dutta (Michigan): Realizing the Next Computing Class
- Suman Datta (Penn State University): Emerging Devices for Energy Efficient Electronics
- Gil Zussman (Columbia University): Networking Energy Harvesting Nodes - Measurements, Algorithms, and Prototyping
- Lunch (12:15-1:30pm)
Afternoon presentations (1:30-4:30pm):
- Juin Liou (University of Central Florida): Recent Development on Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) Protection of Low-Voltage RF Integrated Circuits
- Peter Kinget (Columbia University): Ultra Low Power, Short Range Wireless Communications: from Using RF Pulses to Ultrasound Clicks
- Naveen Verma (Princeton): Sensing on a Very Large Scale: Bringing CMOS Together with Thin-Film Electronics for Complete Systems
- Reception (4:30-5:30pm)
We highly recommend use of public transportation if possible - the campus is adjacent to the #1 station at West 116th Street.
Parking is available at the Riverside Church garage at the corner of Claremont Avenue and West 120th Street.
Please don't hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
Profs. Harish Krishnaswamy, John Kymissis, Mingoo Seok (Columbia University)