Information for New Students & Orientation
Introduction to the EE program
- New Student - The School’s information about how to obtain a UNI, register for courses, etc.
- EE course flowcharts - Useful information for course planning can be found on the department's page. Please carefully check the requirements for your program on the corresponding pages: the MS Checklist, PhD program.
- Departmental positions - For details and a simple application form for students looking for part-time work may apply for an EE grader or MS-TA position.
- MS students are assigned temporary advisors by research area when they arrive, but can consult with any of the MS program advisors as they progress through the program.
- Students transfers between MS programs in CS, CE, and EE - Student transfers between MS programs in CS, CE, and EE at Columbia SEAS are not ordinarily possible. Students wishing to appeal this policy must have completed at least one semester in the program to which they were originally admitted, petition the directors of the programs they wish to transfer from and to, and provide letters of support from at least two regular faculty members of the MS program to which they wish to transfer. These petitions must be included in the application for admission to the new program and will be considered by the directors of the two MS programs.