Resources for New MS Students
Introduction to the EE program
- New Students Orientation - Incoming EE graduate students are strongly encouraged to attend the this important event that usually takes place at the end of August before the academic year starts.
- New Student - The School’s information about how to obtain a UNI, register for courses, etc.
- Please see the Guide for New Graduate Students to go over the new student checklist.
- EE course flowcharts - Useful information for course planning can be found on the department's page. Please carefully check the requirements for your program on the corresponding page: the MS Checklist, Professional program, PhD program.
- Departmental positions - For details and a simple application form for students looking for part-time work may apply for an EE grader or MS-TA position. can be found on the.
- Transfers between MS programs in CS, CE, and EE - Student transfers between MS programs in CS, CE, and EE at Columbia SEAS will not ordinarily be possible. Students wishing to appeal this policy must have completed at least one semester in the program to which they were originally admitted, petition the directors of the programs they wish to transfer from and to, and provide letters of support from at least two regular faculty members of the MS program to which they wish to transfer. These petitions must be included in the application for admission to the new program and will be considered by the directors of the two MS programs.
- MS students are assigned temporary advisors by research area when they arrive, but can consult with any of the MS program advisors as they progress through the program.