- Audio and room/open air acoustics: frequency and time-domain characteristics.
- Microphones and speakers for stereo and surround sound (design,
characteristics, and placement).
- A/D and D/A conversion, dithering, digital audio wire and file formats.
- Mixing 1 ? Design and architecture of analog and digital mixers.
Case studies: Behringer MX3242X and Yamaha 02R96.
- Mixing 2 ? The mixing process, with an introduction to mastering.
- Digital Audio Effects 1 ? Filters, Delays, Modulators and Demodulators
- Digital Audio Effects 2 ? Nonlinear processing, spatial effects,
time-segment and time-frequency processing.
- Digital Audio Workstations 1 ? Design and architecture.
Case study: Digidesign Pro Tools.
- Digital Audio Workstations 2 ? Automation, soft-wired instruments,
control surfaces. Case studies: Digidesign ProControl, Propellerheads
Reason and ReWire.
- Synthesizers and samplers, introduction to sound synthesis algorithms.