- Brief probability refresher
- Mathematical definition of random process
- Moments: mean, (auto)correlation, covariance
- Stationarity, Ergodicity
- Transmission through a linear time invariant filter
- Power spectral density
- Noise processes: The Gaussian process and the AWGN channel
- Signal to noise ratios in linear and FM receivers.
- Digital transmission: coherent ASK, PSK, FSK modulation and
probability of error
- Signal-space analysis: Signals as vectors, the AWGN channel as a vector
channel; maximum likelihood decoding, correlation receivers, and
probability of error.
- Introduction to information theory: Shannon's source and
channel coding theorems
- Introduction to coding theory: linear block codes,
cyclic codes, Hamming codes.